Let's make primaries about people NOT parties
We're here to give ALL Utahns a voice
Finally opening our primaries to ALL voters
As the 501c3 People4Utah conducted both qualitative and quantitative research, it became crystal clear that the people of Utah as a whole are ready to change the game. As a result, the 501c4 People4Utah TAKE ACTION was born. Based on what we’ve heard from you We are ready to TAKE ACTION to change Utah for the better!
An open primary will ensure ALL votes matter
WHAT will this mean for elections?
THIS WILL GIVE YOU MORE VOICE AND MORE CHOICE IN OUR PRIMARY ELECTION!
- All candidates of all parties, or no party, are listed on one primary ballot.
- All voters, regardless of party affiliation, are able to exercise their constitutional right to vote in both the primary election and the general election.
- Voters are free to register with whatever party they choose at any time or to be unaffiliated voters. When and if they register will have no bearing on their right to vote in the primary election.
- The top two vote-getters in the primary election, regardless of party affiliation, move on to the general ballot, with no write-in candidates allowed, ensuring a winner by majority of votes.
- This change would apply to all elections in the state of Utah, but not to the presidential primary election, which has always been a process separate from other primaries.